Inspired by sweetpeasandsaffron.Com
for 4 servings
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- three bell peppers, any colour, sliced
- 1 massive pink onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- salt, to flavor
- pepper, to taste
- 1 jar salsa
- three cups brown rice, cooked (678 g)
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (100 g)
- 1 lime, sliced into wedges
- fresh cilantro, to garnish
- Preheat oven to four hundred˚F (200˚C).
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place the chicken, peppers, and onions onto the baking sheet and drizzle with oil.
- Sprinkle the taco seasoning calmly over each aspects of the chook breasts.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the bell peppers and onions, tossing to coat.
- Top each hen breast with a beneficiant pour of salsa.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Rest hen for 10 minutes, earlier than cutting into strips.
- Add a base of brown rice to four food storage boxes. Top each with a scoop of black beans, corn, extra salsa, cheddar cheese, cooked bell peppers, and onions, and sliced fowl. Garnish with sparkling cilantro and a lime wedge.
- Store within the fridge (and experience any extras right now). Can be stored refrigerated for as much as 4 days.